3.10.2008

So, I'm a Reporter Now...

Some of you may know that since returning home to Jacksonville, I have found a new job working as a reporter/photographer.

Last week was my first, full week on the job. I was thrown headfirst into the deep end as I wrote a cover story, conducted an in-person interview, attended a county traffic safety meeting and contributed a letter of introduction for our readers. Needless to say it was a busy and educational week.

This week I am again writing what could be our lead cover story, as well as providing all the related photos, and also writing my first movie review.

So I guess I'm a full-fledged reporter now. It's really not a bad gig at all, and I'm looking forward to being here for awhile. I have no idea where this job will lead me. It's just nice to be grounded for awhile and actually contributing to society.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Okay, I just read your introduction letter. I loved it! It was so good with the shoe analogy. So honest, funny and definitely a writer I'd look forward to reading.

Anonymous said...

this is all really exciting, i'm happy for you.

Erin said...

Sweet! That's awesome Mac. You should post some of your pj stuff here, too. Your faithful readers are dying to see it.